I have an announcement to make.
I currently have a plant living in my house. It is a yellow orchid named Oscar.
He is green and growing taller. He hasn’t sprouted any flowers yet, but it’s just a matter of time.
Thanks to this awesome pot my sister gave me called a Grobal, I can worry less about murdering plants. Hopefully Oscar will live a long and happy life and not be doomed to the fate which has befallen every other plant who has stepped root in my house.
Here are some silly things I want to complete in my life.
I will post serious ones on a later date…
1. Be the successful caretaker of a living plant
2. See every movie that has ever won the Oscar for best picture
3. Learn how to whistle really loud with my fingers
4. Play the spoons in a song somewhere
5. Run a 5K in 25:00 minutes
6. Own a real keytar
7. Hold a lion cub
8. Score a goal in a soccer game
9. Take a picture with Yo Yo Ma
10. Check out a book from the Library of Congress
I’m tired right now actually. I wish I could be sleeping right now.
I’m tired of running all the time, which I am about to go do, to continue my quest of not being 300 lbs at the end of my life.
I’m tired of people being materialistic. We all are. We live in America.
I’m tired of starting books and not finishing them, even if they’re bad.
I’m tired of not being able to write good worship music.
I’m tired of killing plants.
I’m tired of worrying about everything.
So here’s a list of my current ponderings
1. Exhaustion and sickness has taken over after 4 services and 33 songs
2. I need to practice cello more
3. Chocolate is less appealing when there are mountains of it all around you
4. Two plants have been alive in my house for more than a week. That’s a record
5. I should probably finish wrapping my Christmas presents
6. I want to go to the beach tomorrow
7. I wish I could make a real snowman
8. I hope Katie Agarth finishes her script soon so we can make a movie
9. Doughnuts really are not that good
10. I can’t wait until Christmas
A few ponderings at the end of today…
1. I am incapable of growing plants. Whenever I spend more energy and time trying to keep them alive, they just die faster.
2. Florida weather this time of year is in that awkward in between stages where it can’t decide if it wants to be cold or hot so it just throws up a bunch of humidity. It resembles the awkwardness of middle school were you to compare weather to a human life. If you can’t decide whether to be adult or a kid… just throw up a little teen angst on everyone and that should solve it.
3. Candy is not a good choice for lunch.
4. Asian people are smart, specifically Indians, also, my husband.
5. The writers of Saturday Night Live are brilliant, dare I say genius. The fact that it now airs on Thursdays as well fills me with glee.
That is all.