Anniversary success #4 Today was filled with work and school, but we did eat at a restaurant that looked exactly like Gusteau’s from Ratatoille…. so basically our dinner was cooked by a rat. It was great. I love my husband more every day. He is totally the man for me. I relish every moment of our adventure we’re on. We just finished watching our wedding/honeymoon videos and I felt transported back to that time. I got up to get something in the kitchen and I briefly felt as if I was in a strange place. My mind goes to the past so quickly, yet Ryan’s hovers in the future. It tis a good balance I guess. I really miss my sister… a lot. I haven’t seen her in 6 months. That’s a whole lot of time for anyone in my family to go without seeing each other. I’ve seen my brother a couple times, but Sara… no She is the happy to my sad and the up to my down. Come back to me Sara
Summer in Boston… crazy Goes from 80′s to now it’s 56… I can’t believe I need a sweater in June
I just finished my Ear Training 2 midterm singing and I am rather disappointed in myself. He decided to video tape us and we have to analyze our performance after break… It totally made me choke. This giant lens was staring me in the face and laughing at my failure. I actually got a better grade than what I thought I deserved so it will turn out ok…
It’s 42 degrees… pretty nice weather.
Progress is coming along on Paul’s film called Code Red. We did a basic spotting session last night and I wrote a cue sheet out. I think it will come together well.
In other news I miss these puppies, and I can’t wait to see them in 2 days. Going home for a week shall be grand.
Tonight, all of a sudden rains and gusty winds blew into the open windows of our apartment. Ryan informed me this was called a ‘noreaster’ in which all of a sudden the mighty forces of nature are thrust upon us. It’s kind of neat. It makes you feel small again which is good. Although I am also feeling small from having just watched another installment of the new Ken Burns’ documentary The National Parks: America’s Best Idea. What an amazing glimpse of creation. Ryan and I have resolved to show our children someday these places and visit ourselves so we can instill in all of us the richness of creation and escaping our human constructed domes of pseudo happiness and hollow luxury. Ken Burns always makes me think and contemplate such deep parts of history. It is deeply refreshing.
On another note, Teddy Roosevelt got stuff done. He did what he wanted, everyone loved him, he didn’t take any b.s. and he turned all the beautiful places into national parks, just because he could.
1. Exhaustion and sickness has taken over after 4 services and 33 songs 2. I need to practice cello more 3. Chocolate is less appealing when there are mountains of it all around you 4. Two plants have been alive in my house for more than a week. That’s a record 5. I should probably finish wrapping my Christmas presents 6. I want to go to the beach tomorrow 7. I wish I could make a real snowman 8. I hope Katie Agarth finishes her script soon so we can make a movie 9. Doughnuts really are not that good 10. I can’t wait until Christmas
1. I am incapable of growing plants. Whenever I spend more energy and time trying to keep them alive, they just die faster.
2. Florida weather this time of year is in that awkward in between stages where it can’t decide if it wants to be cold or hot so it just throws up a bunch of humidity. It resembles the awkwardness of middle school were you to compare weather to a human life. If you can’t decide whether to be adult or a kid… just throw up a little teen angst on everyone and that should solve it.
3. Candy is not a good choice for lunch.
4. Asian people are smart, specifically Indians, also, my husband.
5. The writers of Saturday Night Live are brilliant, dare I say genius. The fact that it now airs on Thursdays as well fills me with glee.
This storm Fay is coming…. so that’s neat. I used to think it was so cool to get off from class, but now that I’m not in school, it’s just disgusting outside. However, I might get a couple awesome hang out, hurricane party, card nights out of this. I’m all for baking cookies and making pancakes on the grill again.